About Me

My photo
When? Started: 1993 Who? Started with staff and friends from U H S, Chester. Organiser: Martyn Harris We walk every Wednesday and Saturdays, New Years day and May Day. How many walk? Walks take place as long as there are at least 2 wanting to walk on that day. More walk on a Wednesday than on a Saturday. Most ever: 29. Current group size walking: 2-10 in mid-week and 2-4 on Saturday. Where do we walk? Saturday: Anywhere in North and Mid-Wales, Peak District, Shropshire and the Long Mynd and as far North as the Trough of Bowland. Thursday: Anywhere within about 40 miles of Chester. Type of walk: Distance: 6 – 14 miles (but usually under 10 miles). Climb: up to 4000’ (but usually very much less!). People involved on walks in 2020:- Martyn Harris, Fran Murphy, Sue and Michel Pelissier, Mike Dodd, David Savage, Wendy Peers, Celia de Mengle, Wendy and Ian Peers, Roger Smith, Paul Collinson, Ed Meads, Nigel and Elaine Taylor, Celia de Mengle, Sue Pearson.

Monday 27 April 2020

Solo Walks Monday 27th April 2020

A Saltney Riverside Walk with Added Wales Coast Path.
The usual view of Saltney Ferry Footbridge from The Riversised, River Lane, Saltney.
A Common whitethroat, posing in the open.
Looking towards Chester from The Riverside, River Lane, Saltney.
Dandelion head with seeds ready to disperse.
Mallards snoozing by the water edge.
Moel Famau - never seems to be that clear.
Common vetch next to the Wales Coast Path.
Not what you expect to see disgarded next to a path. Grid Ref: SJ359665.
I didn't see it, but a walker coming towards me did, a cyclist passed him, got of the bike and just through it in the ditch and then continued walk toeards me.
Distance: 7.2 miles Climb: 100'
Rather on the cools side, so I set off wearing a light jacket, and it never quite got warm enough to make me take it off.
At first I was only going to do a very short walk, but the Sun started to put in an appearance as I reached the footbridge, so I decided to extend the walk a little.
I am glad I did, as I saw my first House martins of the year flying around the footbridge.
Skylarks heard again, but alas I didn't get a sighting.
Birds seen or heard today included: House sparrow, Goldfinch, Dunnock, Black-billed magpie, Common chaffinch, Skylark, Common whitethroat, Moorhen, Mallard, Canada goose, Great tit, Blue tit,Greenfinch, Winter wren, Carrion crow, Common chaffinch, Oystercatcher, Barn swallow, House martin, Lapwing, Black headed gull, Woodpigeon, Collared dove, Lesser black back gull, Herring gull, Chiffchaff, Common blackbird and Little egret.
Overall I was glad to extend the walk today, as the weather tomorrow might make doing a walk less likely.
Ed's Welsh Wander.
Llanfair Talhaiarn, Mynydd Bodran, Coed Iago and it's Lead Mine. 
Distance: 5 miles.
Llanfair Talhaiarn  Lead Mine.
Primroses on spoil heap at mine.
Snowdonia From Coed Iago.
Llanfair Talhaiarfrom Mynydd Bodran.

No comments: